pics man, pics......
-chris
Ding-Dong. CL police! Open up, we've got a warrant!
(ok, well maybe it's just a forum, not a warrant)
Have found no reference to them as yet.
The only Altec Odessy I know of, would be the promo LP.
(Not mine)
From: altec odyssey studio monitors
"altec odyssey studio monitors - $150 (wayne butler)
pair of speakers not in great shape,proper wear for age sound nice,very clear.I did not know they were old altecs,customer came in my work area said he would give me 180 for them(the only say odyssey studio monitors on them)he informed me they were altec studio monitors marketed for home use in mid 70s I don't know about these seem rare anyway he never came back they look like vintage bookshelf speakers to me I dont even have the specs but they do sound cool "
pics man, pics......
-chris
Alas, it's just a reference to a CL posting... I have nothing to take pics of.
then why are they on CL for $150?,customer came in my work area said he would give me 180 for them
I hate what craigslist attracts.
FWIW, i don't think there's anything "Altec" about them.
disclaimer: the above opinions do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of this station, it's affiliates, or it's owners.......................
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Honestly I suspect the whole thing is a dealer fabrication...he probably googled "odyssey", found the Altec reference, and went from there. many of these guys aren't the brightest bulbs on the string.
If he was really offered 180 why didn't he take it?
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
(Tomt) So they are Altec ?
In any case... seller has updated and qualified the altec connection:
"
odyssey studio monitors(altec?) (wayne butler) $150
pair of speakers not in great shape,proper wear for age sound nice,very clear.I did not know they were old altecs,customer came in my work area said he would give me 180 for them(they only say odyssey studio monitors on them)he informed me they were altec studio monitors marketed for home use in mid 70s I don't know about these seem rare anyway he never came back they look like vintage bookshelf speakers to me I dont even have the specs but they do sound cool 11 1/2 wide 7 1/2 deep 21 high approx tried to confirm the altec connection but not sure 2/5/2010 8:32 AM"
CL police over and out.

I guess you could call them Altec, as much as CTS stuffed in a box were sold as cheap Altecs. Or else they are copies of a cheap Altec. But they weren't studio monitors. They are lower end bookshelf speakers. Had I a clean pair I might ask 60 bucks...
Apparently somebody was rebadging speakers as "Odyssey studio monitors" there was a 3 way set on NY craigslist that Google brings up
http://buynearby.info/search/craigslist_|_electronics_in_new_york_city/2008/05/31/Odyssey_Studio_Monitor_Loud_Speakers_%28Douglaston ,_Queens%29_$80
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
FWIW, if these indeed have an Altec association, it's the first time i've seen the phenolic ring tweeter unprotected. They usually have a black cloth screen/mesh covering them. It would also be the first Altec i've seen that used phenolic rings with a foam surround woofer, all that i've seen had woofers with rubber/bextrene surrounds. These are just my own observations, no argument intended.
Interestingly, i just recently pulled a pair of phenolic rings from Santana's and they're not CTS but rather Becker manufacture.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks